Launched last year, the Queensland Business Leaders Hall of Fame provides recognition to those who have made a significant contribution to Queensland’s business achievements.
Each year a select number of business leaders and/or businesses from past and present are selected by the Queensland Business Leaders Hall of Fame Governing Committee.
The selection of Hall of Fame nominees is based on the following criteria:
- Leadership which has sustained or significantly enhanced the Queensland economy
- Major financial contributions to the Queensland economy
- Pioneering the establishment of our modern economy or of an industry
- Outstanding contribution to the reputation of the Queensland economy
- Achievement of iconic status as a leader, a business, a product or brand.
The 2010 inductees were announced at the ceremony held at the Brisbane Convention Hall last night with over 900 people in attendance.
Brian White accepted the Induction Trophy from Her Excellence the Governor General of Queensland on behalf of the Group.